- The time it takes to bring your product to market.
- When you start marketing.
- How lean your product is.
- How talented your staff is.
- How prepared you are to build.
- How financially stable you are.
- What distractions you have in your personal life.
- Your stress level.
- The amount of dedication you have for your project.
- Your work ethic.
- Your ability to crunch numbers.
- Your ability to write.
- Your ability to present.
- Your ability to sell.
- Your ability to gather a team.
- Your ability to keep a team motivated and on track.
- The possibility of a competitor stealing your market.
- The possibility for a conglomerate to open offer the
same services in your field to wipe you out.
- Dealing with internal conflicts.
- The process of firing and hiring new partners.
- Aligning with the right strategic partners.
- Your ability to raise capital.
- Your ability to make friends.
Everything is against you. Everything affects your probability to fail.
Then to succeed, there is this one tiny window of opportunity to break through it all…
Originally posted on Quora.
Leonard Kim is Managing Partner at InfluenceTree. At InfluenceTree, Leonard and his team teach you how to build your (personal or business) brand, get featured in publications and growth hack your social media following.